A selection of rare objects, from monumental stone sculpture to delicately painted Indian miniatures will be on display at 39 East 78th Street, suite 603, New York, NY 10023
• An outstanding 11th century stone stele depicting Avalokiteshvara, the bodhisattva of compassion from Bihar, India.
• An evocative early 18th century Mughal painting depicting Noble visitors paying homage to a female ascetic.
• A powerful 5th century terra cotta of the Lion headed avatar of Vishnu, Narashimha.
• A superbly carved 6th century torso of a male deity from the Mekong Delta.
• A lively 18th century Ivory depicting a female Tabla (drum) player.
Artworks from the NANCY WIENER Gallery can be seen in the collections of major museums including the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Asia Society, the Los Angeles County Museum, the National Gallery of Australia, and the Asian Civilizations Museum in Singapore, as well as numerous important private collections throughout the world.
The Ansonia, 2109 Broadway, New York, NY 10023
t. 212 360-7028, f. 212 427-5438,